Saturday, February 4, 2012

In Which It Appears That Sometime There IS Just Retribution In This World

The company that I installed for (and railed against here) is being investigated by the SEC, according to the Tribune. Two stake owners with ties to the companies are being investigated for running a Ponzi scheme. Their assets have been frozen, and most their employees laid off "in a restructuring with an uncertain future."

Each time I've visited the Utah Valley (an increasingly rare occurrence, I assure you), I've passed by this company's great and spacious building, and grimaced that the wicked prosper, that "we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered." I contented myself that at some Millenial Day, a Just God will judge aright at last, that we are to patiently bare with the wicked for now.

But, now that same company is facing a reckoning. Sometimes God really does punish the workers of wickedness in this life. Sometimes there really is justice here and now. Sometimes we do not need to wait as long as we think. The thought comforts me, it cheers me, even as it reminds me to repent of my own sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment